Knowing Your Worth
Our value is very much attached and/or validated by our thoughts and our thoughts are fed through the Inner Dialogue of Self-Love and Self-Talk but that dialogue can be altered by outside influences during our weaker moments.
The weaker moments happen when you are feeling inferior, insecure or both and it causes you to question your self-worth in either one or all areas of your life but usually it’s only one area at a time. I’ve found that I’m fairly confident when it comes to my career/work related area and I think that’s because there isn’t a lot of emotion attached because while it is the hand that feeds me (so to speak) it’s not the one that keeps me breathing. My love (family & friends) is the area that keeps me breathing and feeds my inner spirit with all things that are beautifully and emotionally joyful and sometimes challenging. Of course anything connected to emotion has the power to elevate you or take you down and it’s usually when you’re down that you question your worth.
You need to have enough self-love for yourself before you can offer your love to someone else and if you don’t trust yourself then how can you trust anyone else?
– When you are passionate about who you are you exude a light of warmth and contentment that doesn’t need any outside influence for validation and what you project draws others to you without effort.
– Trusting in a Faith you cannot see or touch are the seeds of Hope and it is through that Belief that the soul is nourished.
– Humility and Gratitude Always! Your Ego will constantly wrestle with you for control but it is these two states of being that give you the growth without changing who you authentically are.
What do you tell yourself about who you are and how others perceive you?
You shouldn’t have to prove anything to anyone for them to believe in you. If someone really cares about you they don’t need proof, they feel it and they honor that feeling by showing unconditional support through whatever context the relationship exists.
– You are a human soul with feelings and what you tell yourself should be just as honest and compassionate as it is with others.
– Don’t assume that someone is thinking negatively of you unless they’ve actually voiced it. Any assumptions I’ve ever made in that area have caused me to feel bad about myself needlessly.
– Regardless of what your past has been we all deserve forgiveness. You cannot change what was but you can create anew of what is to come. Regret can be a breeding ground for negative self-talk and does not serve any purpose except for allowing the Ego to gain control. It is through positive change going forward that regret is silenced.
I do believe that it is through our formative years that our true identity is created and the core of our being does not change but our formative years are the foundation and what grows around that foundation depends on who we aspire to become. Yes, circumstance and outside influences definitely affect that foundation but our formative years are from a very early age (0-5 years) and within that age category there isn’t a good or bad seed that is planted but rather exposed and we always have the free will to choose which direction we want to gravitate towards.
If you feel like your worth isn’t as strong as you’d like it to be, whether that is from the effects of the external stresses of existence or not I believe it is your Love (family & friends) that are the keys to reinforcing your strength. When others have drained you, whether that is by your own allowance or not, it is usually your family, friends or both that help you put the pieces of the puzzle back together. It’s not that you are broken but rather that you’ve forgotten just how special and important you are to those that love you and they are there to remind you of your worth.
We are all here to learn, to experience and to grow and even
though our challenges and life paths are different from one another, no one person’s light is more important.