Navigating Through Life
How has your road trip been so far? Have you been able to negotiate the twists and turns?
I’ve heard the comparison of a road map as a reference to our own lives and I can relate.
These are my analogies to travelling the road of life:
– Construction Zones (A Reminder of Patience – Don’t sweat the small stuff)
– Soft Shoulders (Sugar Coating Communications – Tell them how you really feel)
– Yield ( Respecting other’s Opinions & Feelings – We are unique, we all don’t think alike)
– Do Not Enter (Crossing Boundaries – know when to walk away)
– One Way Street (Negative Thinking – Not every obstacle is as big as it seems)
– Fork in the Road ( Making a Decision – choosing the path that’s right for You)
– Gravel or Dirt Road (A New Lesson to Learn – Could be a long or short distance, depends on You)
– Wrong Turn (You’ve Stepped Off your Path – A mistake)
– Gridlock (Unable to Find Compromise – Only time will reveal)
– Bridge is Out (Forgive and Forget – Not all mistakes can be repaired, time to move forward)
– The Runaway Lane (Not Learning a Lesson – Our ego thinking it knows better)
– Rest Stops (Regaining your Strength – Finding your personal power)
– Hitchhikers (The People We Allow Into our Life – Positive or Negative)
– Detours (A New Direction Not Considered – Relying on your gut instincts)
– The High Road (Don’t Compromise your Integrity – Don’t lower yourself to someone else’s level)
– All Green Lights (Positive Thinking, natural flow of the Universe)
Some of the various roadblocks that come up in our lives are there for a reason, some are a result of choices made (good or bad), some are there to teach us so we can learn and grow, some are there to serve solely as a “déjà vu” reminder to keep us from straying too far from the main road.
Most of these turns, bumps and challenges are in place to keep us on the straight and narrow, although sometimes we get off course, take a wrong turn and end up on the wrong end of a one-way street.
- Sometimes we get ourselves so far off course that our GPS is continually “re-calculating”.
- Sometimes you end up having to make a complete U-Turn and go back to where you started.
- Sometimes, you just can’t get there from here!
Not every road leads to a better life but all roads provide us with an opportunity for personal growth. Along the way we can find great friends, love, passion, purpose and a greater understanding for how impactful positive thinking can be.
The Universe knows where we should be going but we have our own free will to ultimately decide.